The A Sound Effect website began as a free portal that shared links to independent sound libraries. Since then, the popular indie sfx website has grown considerably. It now distributes sound libraries, features a blog, game audio jobs, an events calendar, and more. The blog showcases hundreds of sound libraries, interviews with pros, tutorials, and more.
I’ve written a handful of articles for the team there. So, while I get back up to speed writing articles for the blog here, I asked A Sound Effect if I could link to the posts I’ve written there. They kindly gave their permission.
So, here are a handful of posts I’ve written about metadata and sharing sound effects.
A Sound Effect Articles
My first contribution to the A Sound Effect website was an interview about sharing field recordings on the Web.
Later, they invited me to write about a sort of “how to” manual about using the popular sound searching app Soundly.
Sharing Sound Effects
- Sharing Sound Online – And How to Get Started In Indie SFX. A while back I published a book called Sharing Sound Online. The post is an interview about the book, and how beginners can begin sharing their sound fx.
- An Introduction to Soundly.
- The Soundly Quick-Start Guide.
- How to Organize Sound Libraries with Soundly.
- How to Find and Use Sound FX Clips with Soundly.
Check out the A Sound Effect blog.