The Best Posts of 2014
I’ve picked six articles from 2014:
- How to Apply Metadata to the Free Firearms Sound Library. A group of film students from Michigan released an impressive Kickstarter-backed collection of gun clips. This article explored how to enhance their collection with metadata using a step-by-step methodology that could also be used with other collections.
- 13 Lucky iZotope RX Tricks for Newbies. This posts includes some tips for getting the most out of iZotope’s RX audio repair software.
- An Introduction To Field Recording for Feature Films. This post explored the world of field recording for feature films.
- Learn About Sound Library Organization in “Metadata Month”. June 2014 featured a writing binge about metadata. “Metadata Month” included 8 articles about the bonus sound library info ranging from basics, advanced tips, and app-specific tricks, including An Introduction to Sound FX Metadata Apps 2 – Comparing Apps.
- How to Create an Indie Sound Bundle. Written to compliment the release of my Sharing Sound Online e-book, this post provided a workflow for assembling sound clips into an indie sound bundle.
- An Introduction to Indie Sound FX Web Shops. A second article related to the new e-book looked at how to share sound clips on your own website.
Tweet Follow @paulvirostek
To stay in touch, receive free updates by email newsletter or RSS feed. | Follow on SoundCloud