This post is the third in a series of my favourite yearly posts.
The Best Posts of 2013
I’ve picked seven favourite posts from 2013:
- How to Build an Irresistible Sound Library To Evade Competition. This article explored how embedding a field recordist’s perspective into their clips makes their recordings unique, evocative, and untouchable.
- Five Reasons Why A Sound Effect’s Name is Vital. Ideas about why a sound’s name directly affects its value.
- 15 Tips for Naming Sound Effects. Practical tricks for naming sound clips.
- Selling Sound Checklist – What You Need to Share SFX Online. A list of tips for sharing sound on the Internet.
- Why Slating Sound Effects is Vital – The Basics, and Beyond. This article discussed a tiny but necessary step in field recording: slating.
- A Sound Effects Slating Checklist. Five reasons why slating affects field recordings.
- A Playbook for Capturing Tricky Sound Effects. I had written about recording basic sound effects in the past. This article explains how to graduate from basic clips to advanced ones using two concepts: analysis and articulation.
Tweet Follow @paulvirostek
To stay in touch, receive free updates by email newsletter or RSS feed. | Follow on SoundCloud